Re: Version numbers for translations (was: Re: debconf PO translations for the package pam

* Clytie Siddall <clytie@riverland.net.au> [2007-09-01]:

> >>These headers aren't very important to me, but to answer your
> >>question, this
> >>translation is for pam 0.99.7.1-4 (and above).
> >

> >The policy I personnally use is to put the source package name
> >there...without the version.
> >
> >Using the version is, imho, not really useful as there's nothing to
> >tell us that having foo-1 while the package foo is at version 2 means
> >that the translation is outdated.
> >
> >Indeed, there is, in Debian debconf translation infrastructure,
> >nothing that uses the contents of "Project-Id-Version". I don't really
> >know what is the use of that field in other projects.
>
> I have requested developers include the version in update mails, for
> two reasons:

Me too. (Maybe not a very useful message, but I just wanted to make it
clear that Clytie isn't alone in wanting the version number.) I also
want it in the Project-Id-Version.

Hans