Re: pulseaudio related problems....

On 02/17/2014 03:47 PM, Thomas Goirand wrote:
> Your tendency to rewrite things that I write in a wrong way is annoying.

You wrote:

However, the fact that multiple DDs, which I do consider all as computer
experts, failed to have a working setup, can only lead to the conclusion
that there's something wrong which has to be fixed, especially if it
comes by default with Debian. If DDs can't go around the issues and just
feel that it's not worth spending more time, imagine with someone that
isn't a computer expert...

I wrote:

Exactly what I have been thinking all the time. And I find the argument
"all DDs are computer experts, so if they can't get it working it
must be broken" a particularly bad one.

I don't see how I am rewriting things in a wrong way. Do you want to
argue about the exact meaning of "broken" now?

Now, since this isn't really leading anywhere, could we maybe focus
on how we could help Sjoerd with the PulseAudio packaging? I found
a new contributor on Mentors who is willing to join the packaging
team and we can help by doing reviews or providing bug reports/patches.

There is a new version of pavucontrol on Mentors which I (or Sjoerd)
are going to sponsor.

Adrian

--
 .''`.  John Paul Adrian Glaubitz