Re: pulseaudio related problems....

On 02/17/2014 04:02 PM, John Paul Adrian Glaubitz wrote:
> Well. You can't blame PulseAudio if you have an .asoundrc in your home
> directory which configures your sound card incorrectly.

Oh !!!

Now I do remember why my pulseaudio system works. It's because I
followed to the letter this howto:
http://www.freedesktop.org/wiki/Software/PulseAudio/Documentation/User/PerfectSetup/

Well, having a look at it, it seems it changed quite a bit. But that's
what I followed.

The question is: why don't we have this by default in Debian? Why would
it be up to the user to configure each and every software to use the
correct audio stack? IMO, it'd be great if we had consistency.

I hope this helps,
Cheers,

Thomas