Re: Frank Carmickle and Marco Paganini must die

On Thu, 2004-09-23 at 01:26, Adam McKenna wrote:
> Considering that dialup and dynamic IP's are filtered by a large
>  portion of the internet, and that most people know this, deliberately
>  and obstinately sending mail this way and insisting that everyone
else
>  is wrong is just poor service.

For this I'd like to hear actual numbers. I recently had a dynamic IP
for over a year and I sent mail directly from there. Never did I
encounter such filter. In fact, I only heard of such filtering being
done only from this thread. It's just my experience, your mileage may
differ, but I won't buy that "...by a large portion of the internet..."
and "...most people know this..." without actual facts. For all I know,
it's just you filtering.

In any case, I consider blind filtering without any manual (even
quick-glancing) checks for false positives a fault of the receiver.

--
Petri Latvala