Re: Frank Carmickle and Marco Paganini must die

Petri Latvala wrote:

> For this I'd like to hear actual numbers. I recently had a dynamic IP
> for over a year and I sent mail directly from there. Never did I
> encounter such filter.

I never encountered this problem when I was on dial-up.  With my
previous ADSL ISP (whose mail servers were utterly unreliable), I
found that I was intermittently being blocked by AOL and Sourceforget
for being "trespass spam" and on the "dial-up list".  I have found
only one person blocking my current ADSL provider[1] (who not only
seem capable of running decent mail relays which filter spam passing
through than and even *gasp* deliver mail on time; but also provide
static IPs to all their customers).  Since I am the primary (and only)
MX for my domain, I see no reason why I should not be sending mail
directly from my home mail server.

Cameron.

[1] Said person is a spam vigilante who has blocked the entire address
space of at least two major ISPs in Western Australia.