Re: Frank Carmickle and Marco Paganini must die

On Wed, Sep 22, 2004 at 11:38:05AM +0200, Wouter Verhelst wrote:
> On Tue, Sep 21, 2004 at 10:29:10PM -0700, Adam McKenna wrote:
> > People operating 'role accounts' of any importance should not be sending mail
> > from addresses that are likely to be filtered.
>
> Hah!
>
> You're not seriously suggesting we should tell the world 'please do not
> filter this address', are you? Because /any/ address is likely to be
> filtered, really.

No, but sending role account mail direct-to-MX from a dialup account is
braindead, as it is well known that dialup addresses are blocked by many
hosts on the internet.

Are you suggesting that someone sending mail from a well-behaved, static-IP
mail server is just as likely to get filtered as someone sending from a
dialup?  And I'm not talking about being filtered by crackpot lists like
SPEWS.

--Adam

--
Adam McKenna  <adam@debian.org>  <adam@flounder.net>