Re: Woody / Stable

On Sat, May 18, 2002 at 10:14:28PM -0600, David D.W. Downey wrote:
> On Sun, May 19, 2002 at 01:58:14PM +1000, Anthony Towns woke up, and decided to spew forth:
> > You might consider something like "ssh auric last | grep ^ajt | less"
> > before leaping to such conclusions.
> Actually I think the point was that folks outside of the development
> cycle not knowing what's going on come up with some weird conclusions
> about what's happening.

Sure, there's nothing surprising about that.

It's the Debian developers coming up with the weird conclusions that's
annoying.

> What I don;t see is why there is so much hoopla against notifying our
> userbase of what's taking place. Look folks, it's simple. WE use the
> lists and many of the userbase also use the lists, but not all of them
> do. We have a large base to deal with. Why is everyone fighting so damn
> hard NOT to put out a simple message like what I proposed (not that we
> have to use MINE, ANY message along those lines should suffice) to the
> userbase?

http://slashdot.org/article.pl?sid=02/04/30/1153220&mode=thread&tid=90

If you want to follow the changes in detail, CVS is at

	:pserver:anonymous@cvs.debian.org:/cvs/dak (module dak)
	:pserver:anon@cvs.linux-m68k.org:/CVS (module wanna-build)

Cheers,
aj