Re: Woody / Stable

On Sat, May 18, 2002 at 11:54:34AM -0400, Alan Shutko wrote:
> Something more like "In order to support security updates, we need
> this new build system up on all platforms, and we have 5/92 to go"

In order to support security updates, we need this new build system up
on all architectures, and we have 11/11 to go.

> would be a more useful.

Really?

> Periodic updates on something like this would
> also give everyone else a good response for those who pop up and ask
> when the release will be,

"When it's ready". When there's more precise information it'll be made
available. The fact that no information has been made announced should
be taken as an indication that there's none to give.

If there were something you could do to help, you'd've been told that,
too.

> so the people who are working on making
> security updates supportable can keep on working.

I'm sure the above will stop all the flames in their tracks forevermore,
then.

Cheers,
aj

     ``BAM! Science triumphs again!''