Re: Quake is GPL

On 99-12-25 Marco d'Itri wrote:
> On Dec 24, Christian Kurz <shorty@debian.org> wrote:

>  >located at the firm, where I work. So plese don't upload software in the
>  >debian-archives, that is/could be illegal in some countries.
> So what? I'm quite annoyed about this trend of keeping packages out of
> main to comply with the stupid laws of random countries.

So you like to go to jail or pay thousand of Deutsch Mark just because a
software which you mirrored broke the law and the judge says you're
guilty?

> We should stop maiming our distribution.

Could you please stop assuming that I want to maim our distribution? I
only want to remind you that in some countries the FTP-Maintainer stand
with half an leg in jail for mirroring such -in their country illegal-
packages.

Ciao
     Christian
* Christian Kurz                          Debian Developer/QA-Team *
*               Use Debian - a free Operating System               *