Re: Welcome to DW

On Wednesday, 17 August, 2005 at 08:47 +1000, Helen Faulkner wrote:
> Julie Sloan wrote:
> >
> > Judging from what I've seen so far, linuxchix is a ski lodge while d-w
> > is a government office.  This is how the tone of the two groups compare.
>
> Ahh, so linuxchix is one big party and Debian Women is actually getting things
> done?  ;)  (joke! - I'm sure that linuxchix do get some things done, and I know
> that Debian Women is well capable of it's share of partying).

Heh :)

I was referring more to the overall "tone" of the group.  Think of the ski
lodge as a place where people enjoy themselves and each others company,
where conversation is relaxed and friendly.  Think of the office as a brisk,
brusque place where people stand tensely in lines and don't interact.  :)

> [snip]

At the moment I don't think this is the place for me.

julie