Re: Welcome to DW (was: Re: DW

Herman Robak wrote:
> On Mon, 15 Aug 2005 22:44:14 +0200, Jim Cook <wirerat@gmail.com> wrote:
>
>> If anything I believe we should use this exchange to only make
>> evident  the long waywe have to go to become more sensitive to
>> each other's cultures so that we can trulywork together towards to
>> true  goal of worlddomination of Debian. Ethnocentricism blindsall of
>> us and  it is something we need to
>> constantly fight.  We should probably returnmore to the point of the
>> thread then let it
>> continue down this rather questionable path.
>

>  After Clytie has spent so many words on going
> there, it would be a shame to stop now.  Let's
> not go into denial here.

I assume that you are being sarcastic, but even so, this kind of comment is not
helpful to the aims of the DW project.  Sarcasm is not usually a good idea on
international email lists, even if it is clearly labelled as such, since you run
a great risk of people misinterpreting you and taking you literally.

Being deliberately provocative is also counter-productive to the friendly
environment we are trying to create (and mostly succeeding with) on this mailing
 list.

Please consider, in future, how well the comments you would like to make on this
list fit in with the aim of the Debian Women project, ie: to increase the
participation of women in Debian.  We all have to bite our tongue sometimes and
not say something we'd like to say, even if it is clever, cutting or humourous.

Helen