Re: On the "Debian Maintainers" GR

On Sun, Jul 29, 2007 at 01:00:50PM +0300, Kalle Kivimaa wrote:
> Pierre Habouzit <madcoder@debian.org> writes:
> > arguments in favor of DM the more it's about introverted geeks, and
> > uncoordinated work. Maybe we should care more about people that are nice
> > to users rather about introverted guys that do not care about the rest
> > of the world, shouldn't we ?
>
> I find this comment highly offensive. I'm assuming you are (in part)
> referring to me, and although I am both introverted and a geek, I do
> believe I care about the rest of the world.

  You misread me. I say that the DM proposal favors those kind of social
behaviors over the ones that the rest of recent Debian decisions do
favor. I see that as a regression, and definitely a bad thing for the
project.

  Associations (and I've been in many) are driven by a few, because it's
like it, and because people don't really care about many of the
decisions. Do I regret it ? yes. Are they right not to care ? I believe
not, but I don't care that much either, its their choice. OTOH, I do
believe that shutting them the door because at some point they didn't
cared enough is definitely bad.

--
·O·  Pierre Habouzit