Re: On the "Debian Maintainers" GR

On Thu, Jul 26, 2007 at 09:25:24PM +0300, Kalle Kivimaa wrote:
> Pierre Habouzit <madcoder@debian.org> writes:
> >   I still lack the reason why someone would not be DD for political
> > reasons _and_ wanting to help improving Debian at the same time.
>
> For an example and reasoning, please see the subthread starting with
> http://lists.debian.org/debian-vote/2007/06/msg00084.html
>
> Short recap: a DD might not like the direction the project is taking,
> but still willing to maintain some packages.

  I don't get the point of such a position, like in
http://lists.debian.org/debian-vote/2007/06/msg00110.html
http://lists.debian.org/debian-vote/2007/06/msg00090.html
http://lists.debian.org/debian-vote/2007/06/msg00093.html
http://lists.debian.org/debian-vote/2007/06/msg00138.html

And so on. The thread you point is an excellent proof of the fact that
you seem to be quite alone in your point. Honnestly, if you don't like
the project where it's going, then just leave, I don't see why the
project should make it easy for you to stay as a sub-DD that is a DD but
is not but is but is not but is half.

  It just makes no sense, it looks like: well, I don't have the gut to
endorse the project, but still want to help it. Sorry, makes no sense to
me at all.

--
·O·  Pierre Habouzit