Re: On the "Debian Maintainers" GR

On Thu, Jul 26, 2007 at 06:34:17PM +0200, Raphael Hertzog wrote:
> On Thu, 26 Jul 2007, Josselin Mouette wrote:
> > If someone doesn't want to be a DD because the NM process is broken
>
> I haven't said that. Previous discussions gave examples of people who don't
> want to stay DD for political reasons. For similar concerns some don't
> want to become DD.

  I still lack the reason why someone would not be DD for political
reasons _and_ wanting to help improving Debian at the same time. Yes I
know about Matthew, he can do whatever he likes, but I don't really care
about him being a diva. I disagree that Debian should split hairs in
four for such people.

  And I have also issues with every other use case that have been talked
about yet. Yes, even the "upstream wants to package his stuff", I'm not
sure we want to have tuomov-like people arguing with the release team
about the silliness of stable releases, and for most of the upstreams,
there is what, 10 uploads a year ? maybe 20 with snapshots.. Well,
that's the kind of load that is easy to deal with as a sponsor. Really.
Having people in DM for 10 uploads a year is a _huge_ overkill. FWIW
that's the number of packages I upload in a day when I'm doing QA work
e.g..

  So while maybe Josselin is lacking some kind of diplomatic way to say
things but: I've not seen more arguments on Loïc's end either (funny how
you react about Joss not detailing his arguments and not Loïc), and for
sure there is equally good arguments against your points as well.

--
·O·  Pierre Habouzit