Re: On the "Debian Maintainers" GR

On Sun, Jul 29, 2007 at 12:37:38PM +1000, Anthony Towns wrote:
> On Sat, Jul 28, 2007 at 02:56:39PM -0400, David Nusinow wrote:
> > > Uh, isn't Debian meant to be accepting of minority viewpoints, rather than
> > > a tyranny of the majority?
> > The way minorities need to work to have their viewpoints preserved is to
> > fully join the project and be able to vote and speak with a fully empowered
> > voice.
>
> The minority viewpoint in this case is "I just want to upload my packages
> and not get involved in all the other stuff".

  Up to the point when the project will take a decision over his
packages that he won't be able to fight or discuss. I don't think it's
in the project interest to feature such ivory towers.

  Debian should be about users and working together, the more I see
arguments in favor of DM the more it's about introverted geeks, and
uncoordinated work. Maybe we should care more about people that are nice
to users rather about introverted guys that do not care about the rest
of the world, shouldn't we ?

--
·O·  Pierre Habouzit