Re: A question to the Debian community ...

On Fri, May 11, 2007 at 11:19:29AM +0100, MJ Ray wrote:
> I am glad never to have worked full-time in such a workplace and would
> like to remind the project that another world is possible.

Debian isn't out to rid the world of social unfairness; instead, Debian
is out to provide a Free Operating system. If social conflicts get in
the way of that goal, it's not unreasonable to remove the person who
seems to be involved in many of those conflicts -- whether or not that
person is the cause of those conflicts.

If you're out to improve the world and get it rid of all social
unfairnesses, I suggest you find yourself another project.

> Instead of lusting after such hard-and-heavy rulings, which almost
> never happen in volunteer projects, we must try to find practical
> solutions.

In this case, I think the most practical solution is what's being done,
even if I agree that it's not totally fair to Sven.

--
Shaw's Principle:
	Build a system that even a fool can use, and only a fool will