Re: A question to the Debian community ... (Was: Question for Sam Hocevar "Gay Nigger Association of America")

On Wed, May 09, 2007 at 11:23:21PM +0100, Ben Hutchings wrote:
> On Wed, 2007-05-09 at 08:21 +0200, Sven Luther wrote:
> > On Wed, May 09, 2007 at 02:01:52AM +0200, Rob Burgers wrote:
> > > you know all this flamin is starting to make you guys look like childeren..
> > > yer profesionals act like it otherwise debian will lose its user base.
> >
> > Well, i got suspended for a year, because i dared present myself as DPL,
> > and some felt threatened by this.
>
> No-one could feel threatened by you, except perhaps that you could talk
> them to death.

So, you too, believe that what was done to me was acceptable, that
everything is justifiable, so long as your precious mailbox is left
empty ? And well, the reality is that the expulsion request got
retriggered, probably by frans pop from what i could glean as evidence
from the few scraps of information that the DAMs have provided, the day
after my DPL candidature, while i had not posted in months.

So, evidence contradicts your above claim.

> > The handling of the expulsion request
> > was all but fair, in the same vain of what happened since over a year,
> > and taken solely by two persons,
> <snip>
>
> Otherwise known as "the DAMs", who have this job.

The DAMs, who did not follow their own procedure, who did refuse to
provide the dates of the expulsion requests, because they knew well
enough that it would show the irregularities of the procedure, who
ignored the 70:7 expressed opinion of the DDs against the expulsion. The
DAMs of who James Troup is one of them, to which i spoke shortly at
FOSDEM the day after they decided to relaunch the expulsion request, and
they did send me a mail which got eaten up by the new greylisting
thingy, and who did not mention me anything about this, nor did any of
the DDs at FOSDEM even speak to me.

so, the DAMs may have this job, but they defined a procedure for
expulsion, but did not follow it. They should not have this job,
especially as they seem little suited to do a good job of it.

Saddened,

Sven Luther