Re: Sven, GNAA, Dunc-Tank, and all the other distractions

Peter Samuelson <peter@p12n.org> wrote:
> You're not directly involved in Debian, you describe yourself as a
> lurker, yet you're reading debian-vote when there isn't even a vote or
> a vote proposal pending.  [...]

There's at least one proposal pending.  I'm quite happy to see comments
pre-proposal from interested users - they're an interesting mirror.
Starting a new thread may have been imperfect, but it didn't warrant
that flame.  Please try to be less hostile to newcomers.

> I hope not.  People who seek a work environment where everyone is "like
> a family" scare me a bit.  I want colleagues, not brothers and sisters.

And people who seek to turn debian into their own particular vision of a
work environment (particularly by using Affirmative Discrimination)
scare me a lot, yet this project contains both and we live with it.
--
MJR/slef