Re: General Resolution or Technical Committee's decision? (was: Ready to vote on 2004-003?)

Scripsit Anthony Towns <aj@azure.humbug.org.au>
> On Sat, May 22, 2004 at 06:44:39PM +0100, Henning Makholm wrote:

> > Yes it is. You are the official that the proposals aim to overrule. It
> > is important whether or not you would consider the proposed text as an
> > actual decision to overrule you.

> That seems about as useful as trying to overrule the webmaster group;
> the decision's not in their hands, nor is it in mine.

As you are the one who is going to implement the policy that is
eventually selected, it *is* important to know when you consider
a policy to have been selected.

> This isn't about me, it's about Debian.

You are MAKING it be about you by refusing to acknowledge your role
in the process and refusing to give the developers the information
they need to make a reasoned decision.

--
Henning Makholm             "Jeg forstår mig på at anvende sådanne midler på
                           folks legemer, at jeg kan varme eller afkøle dem,