Re: Ready to vote on 2004-003?

Scripsit Anthony Towns <aj@azure.humbug.org.au>
> On Thu, May 20, 2004 at 10:30:34PM +0100, Henning Makholm wrote:

> > It makes the difference that if such a GR wins the vote, we will not
> > have to wait for the tech ctte. Some people, including me, would find
> > that highly desirable.

> What makes you think the GR process is any speedier than the tech
> ctte?

In case you had not noticed, there is a GR process already in
progress.

You seem to be saying that you want a GR and *then* want the committee
to interpret the GR for you.

> You do realise you can work on these things concurrently, right?

The committee cannot beging formally explaining the meaning of the GR
to you before the GR has been passed.

> But the developer body as a whole do have the ability to
> overrule both myself (4.1.3) and the tech ctte (4.1.4), without me saying
> or doing anything.

In your previous message you said that you thought that no possible GR
could result in your considering yourself to be overruled:

>>> I don't really think any GR would avoid me wanting the tech ctte's

Would you please make up your mind: Will you, or will you not, allow
yourself to be overruled by a GR, without the tech ctte's involvement?

> Yeah, you've got _no_ interest whatsoever in casting me as the bad
> guy here.

Correct.

--
Henning Makholm                            "Manden med det store pindsvin er
                              kommet vel ombord i den grønne dobbeltdækker."