Re: Ready to vote on 2004-003?

Scripsit Anthony Towns <aj@azure.humbug.org.au>
> On Thu, May 20, 2004 at 07:23:03PM +0100, Henning Makholm wrote:

> > You have been asked whether (and which) one of the proposed GR's will
> > make the decision sufficiently clear to you that you will not need to
> > have the tech-ctte decide explicitly.

> Eh? What difference does that make?

It makes the difference that if such a GR wins the vote, we will not
have to wait for the tech ctte. Some people, including me, would find
that highly desirable.

> The decision's delegated to the technical ctte; if you want to know
> which GRs will ensure they will make the decision you want you'll need
> to ask them.

Brfore you said that you had delegated the matter to the technical
committee *or* the developers, by general resolution.

> I don't really think any GR would avoid me wanting the tech ctte's
> explicit decision.

Thank you. That's all we wanted to know.

(Though do I find it strange that you don't consider, for example,
option D, which permanently reverts the SC to the previous stage, to
settle the matter...)

> > You are still not answering that.

> It seems like kind-of a stupid question, and it hadn't been asked.

I asked it multiple times. You are bound to have noticed that.

> > We're asking about a *fact*, namely how your actions in the role you
> > fill will be influenced by each outcome of the vote.

> No, you're asking for me to take back a decision that I've delegate to
> the technical committee.

No I'm not.

> > We don't. We wish to rely on facts.

> Then find them out yourself.

One of the facts we needed to find was the answer you gave above,
after a long and hard efforts to provoke an aswer from you.

> > That seems to be exactly what you are refusing to do now. You won't
> > even tell us whether it is or is not clear.

> Work it out yourself. If you get half the project to tell me the correct
> course of action; I'll happily oblige.

Above you said that even if two thirds of the project told you the
correct course of action in a GR, you would still ignore them and keep
waiting for the technical committee.

--
Henning Makholm               "The Board views the endemic use of PowerPoint
                           briefing slides instead of technical papers as an