Re: General Resolution or Technical Committee's decision? (was: Ready to vote on 2004-003?)

Scripsit Anthony Towns <aj@azure.humbug.org.au>

> > Obviously, a proposal:
> > "We declare the RM's statement in <message@id> to be overruled"
> > is not sufficient.

> No, it's not: you need to overrule things with a _new_ decision, not with
> absolutely nothing.

The proposals that are on the table try to do that. We're trying to
figure out in advance whether one of the proposals meet your standard
of "a _new_ decision".

> > Among other things, your view on it is an important piece of information.

> No, it's not.

Yes it is. You are the official that the proposals aim to overrule. It
is important whether or not you would consider the proposed text as an
actual decision to overrule you.

--
Henning Makholm                         "This imposes the restriction on any
                                  procedure statement that the kind and type