Re: Ready to vote on 2004-003?

Scripsit Graham Wilson <bob@decoy.wox.org>
> On Sat, May 22, 2004 at 07:11:57PM +0100, Henning Makholm wrote:

> > The Delegate in question has to decide for himself whether the
> > language in the GR Overrides his decision or not.

> No, I don't think it works like that. Anthony is not the one who decides
> whether or not a GR overrides a decision he has made.

There's nobody else to interpret the wording for him. Or rather: If
somebody else were to do an interpretation, their only means of
communicating their interpretation to Anthony would be more words -
and then Anthony agains has to decide what *those* words mean.

Refusing to interpret natural language equals refusing to partake in
any social processes (such as construction of a free OS) whatsoever.

--
Henning Makholm              "Y'know, I don't want to seem like one of those
                         hackneyed Jews that you see in heartwarming movies.