Re: Call for votes for the Condorcet/Clone proot SSD voting methodsGR

Raul> On Sat, Jun 21, 2003 at 12:17:25PM -0400, Sam Hartman wrote:
>>> Actually, I think it is reasonable for me to expect the proponents
>>> of some option to do a fair bit of the work necessary to provide
>>> me with the information I need to make an informed decision.
>>> After all they are trying to convince me to support their option.
>>> If they do not, and I care about the issue, I may well vote and
>>> rank additional discussion above all options.

Raul> Hmm... if you had questions about the issues, I (personally)
Raul> would have preferred they were asked before the vote, rather
Raul> than after.

> I was disagreeing with Manoj's general assertion about how people
> should get information.

	Please understand also the context in which my remarks were
 made: Raul initiated discussion on this topic in December 2000. We
 have been talking about this for 2 1/2 years,

	I brought the topic up last august, and we have intensified
 discussions, and answered questions, and tried to satisfy issues for
 nearly a year.

	Then the GR entered a discussion period; again, it was widely
 publicized.

	Why did the people protesting not ask questions in the
 discussion period?

	And, anyway, all you needed was to persuade 25% of the voting
 population to ask for further discussion.

	manoj
--
To iterate is human, to recurse, divine. Robert Heller