Re: Call for votes for the Condorcet/Clone proot SSD voting methodsGR

On Sat, Jun 21, 2003 at 12:17:25PM -0400, Sam Hartman wrote:
> Actually, I think it is reasonable for me to expect the proponents of
> some option to do a fair bit of the work necessary to provide me with
> the information I need to make an informed decision.  After all they
> are trying to convince me to support their option.  If they do not,
> and I care about the issue, I may well vote and rank additional
> discussion above all options.

Hmm... if you had questions about the issues, I (personally) would have
preferred they were asked before the vote, rather than after.

That said, if you still have questions, please ask them -- I (and
undoubtably others) will do my (our) best to answer.

[But, please realize that ill-formed questions might take a bit of
back-and-forth before we each realize what the other is talking about.
Note that discussion of specific -- preferably simple -- cases sometimes
help reduce ambiguity.]

If there's a lot of instances of the same question, maybe we'll need a
faq.  [I somewhat wish I could draft Buddha Buck to round up the questions
and Anthony Towns to review/flesh-out the answers of such a faq.]

Thanks,

--
Raul