Re: Call for votes for the Condorcet/Clone proot SSD voting methodsGR

    Manoj> On Fri, 20 Jun 2003 22:25:59 +1000, Hamish Moffatt
    Manoj> <hamish@debian.org> said:
    >>> I am pretty sure I do not want people who can't even spend a
    >>> modicum of effort to learn about the issues at hand to have
    >>> any influence on how things are done -- we are supposed to be
    >>> the

    >> How much effort do you consider reasonable?

    Manoj> 	Whatever it takes to get an understanding of the topic
    Manoj> you profess to be interested in.

    >> Do you want me to read the whole discussion of the last year?
    >> Not

    Manoj> 	If that is what it takes. Or reading the election
    Manoj> methods website. This is not a test. You do however much
    Manoj> reading it takes to get comfortable with the ideas
    Manoj> presented.

Actually, I think it is reasonable for me to expect the proponents of
some option to do a fair bit of the work necessary to provide me with
the information I need to make an informed decision.  After all they
are trying to convince me to support their option.  If they do not,
and I care about the issue, I may well vote and rank additional
discussion above all options.

Clearly, if it is just me who didn't understand, that won't matter.
But if enough people believe that insufficient explanation was
offered, then we'll have more discussion time to get that explanation.