Re: Proposed General Resolution : IRC as a Debian communication channel

>>"Raphael" == Raphael Hertzog <hertzog@debian.org> writes:

 Raphael> And I accept this because the population of #debian-devel is
 Raphael> a representative subset of Debian which accept the decisions
 Raphael> of Debian as a whole.

	Rubissh. I wear many hats. I am a debian developer, but I am
 also someone who works for a company in virginia (well, for another 6
 weeks, at any rate). Wearing these other hats, what the debian
 project as a whole decides has no bearing (certainly no conduct rules
 decided by debian apply when I talk to my co-workers about debian).

	Similarly, present on a channel run by the OPN in my capacity
 as an open source afficianado, I do not care what Debian has
 decided. Really.

 That all men should be brothers is the dream of people who have no
 brothers. Charles Chincholles, "Pensees de tout le monde"