Re: Proposed General Resolution : IRC as a Debian communication channel

Le Sun, Nov 04, 2001 at 12:34:36PM +1000, Anthony Towns écrivait:
> Obviously Debian's the sort of project where there're going to be a
> bunch of people who won't accept that, for whatever reasons, but it
> strikes me as a bad idea to go around officially ratifying everything
> that's common sense to most people.

Great, I'm glad to hear that what I said is only common sense. Now if
you can convince the operator in question to respect that common sense,
i may have no problem stopping here with the GR.

My problem is that the operator in question said that he would continue
doing like he did until we decide on a new policy. I acknowledge the
fact that he stopped kicking people since the the issue came out, but I
wonder what he will do if I withdraw my general resolution.

I'd accept to stop my general resolution if Branden said publicly here
something like :
« I won't ever kick anyone from #debian-devel unless the concerned
  person is voluntarily trying to harm #debian-devel »

(here: to harm means "dropping the S/N ratio")

It's up to Branden to decide now.

> For example, if we've specifically ratified #debian-private on
> openprojects for discussion of issues from -private, what does that say

It's not the subject of my general resolution. Please read again my
first clarification message.

> Legislating where you can and can't talk about Debian issues is
> bureaucracy gone mad.

I agree ...

Le bouche à oreille du Net : http://www.beetell.com
Naviguer sans se fatiguer à chercher : http://www.deenoo.com