Re: avahi & gene (was: ipv6 maybe has arrived)

On 2/15/23 17:05, Felix Miata wrote:
gene heskett composed on 2023-02-15 16:24 (UTC-0500):

I've got around 5 machines....
Every one of them has had avahi removed by a root rm, and has some
variation of this in an /etc/resolv.conf that is a real file, before the
local network worked.

Do you have TDE on none of these machines? Every PC I try to remove avahi from
wants to disgorge most of TDE, even though all of them are running systemd-network
with static configuration for eth0 and have no wireless hardware. :(

Exactly zero Felix. I've tried variations of installing it but since the demise of stretch, no debian has allowed that without disemboweling the rest of the system to satisfy a dependency hell. I liked it, a lot, 3 years ago. t-bird, which I'm forced into using for mail, is buggier than a mid June road kill in early August. I miss it, terribly. It did Just Work 99.999% of the time.

Cheers, Gene Heskett.
-Ed Howdershelt (Author, 1940)
 - Louis D. Brandeis