Re: ipv6 maybe has arrived.

On Thu, Feb 09, 2023 at 03:02:22PM -0500, gene heskett wrote:
Yes Greg, you keep telling me that. But I'm in the process of bringing up a 3dprinter farm, each printer with a bpi5 to manage octoprint. Joing the other 4 on this net running buster and linuxcnc.

Just last week I added another bpi5, copied the /etc/hosts file and restarted networking. It could NOT find the other machines on my net UNTIL I added that search directive to resolv.conf. This net is about 50/50 buster and bullseye.

If what you say is true, that should not have been the fix, so explain again why its not working, cuz it is.

Because you change a bunch of things all the same time in a non-repeatable fashion, lose track of what you've done, and decide that the nonsense line did something.