Re: Fwd: New problem with GIMP plugin file-jpeg

Bret Busby wrote:
> I try to consistently use the term "non-dominant mouse button" rather
> than "right-clicking", to allow for people who use left handed mice,
> as well as right-handed mice. My wife, who is a software developer,
> uses mice and pointing devices (she sometimes uses trackball things),
> for both hands, due to too much mouse usage, requiring the switching
> of hands.

An admirable goal.  However I think that is more confusing.  A cure
worse than the disease.  I think anyone that goes to the trouble to
modify their system to be reversed from the normal will know they have
reversed things and will make the translation on the fly.  A user with
a left handed mouse will know to translate left-click into the correct
button for them.  They will see it often enough.

Doesn't X documents this as Mouse-1 and Mouse-3?  Clicking Mouse-1 is
the primary mouse button.  No need to stress left or right and no need
for confusing "non-dominant mouse button" either.  :-)  I would go
with mouse-1.

Bob