Re: Fwd: New problem with GIMP plugin file-jpeg

On 29/01/2015, Curt <curty@free.fr> wrote:
> On 2015-01-29, Bret Busby <bret.busby@gmail.com> wrote:
>>
>>> There is this bug report:
>>>
>>> https://bugs.debian.org/cgi-bin/bugreport.cgi?bug=734519
>>
>> That just gives me a web page that displays
>> "Redirecting you to
>> https://bugs.debian.org/cgi-bin/bugreport.cgi?bug=734519";
>> that goes nowhere.
>>

> Looks like yet another personal problem (I mean that is a functioning
> url, as far as I am concerned).

Okay; the URL resolves (after a while) in Opera; it does not resolve
(after a number of hours) in Arora.

I note that that bug report, whilst it refers to the same error
message, relates to a different version of Debian; that bug report
refers to Debian 7.1.

As indicated, I am using Debian 6.x LTS.

>>> Perhaps if you tried moving ~/.gimp-2.6 out of the way, or reinstalling
>>> the gimp?
>>>

>> Haven't tried either of those options, yet.
>>
>> I was thinking that, due to the circumstances involved, perhaps a
>> fault lies (?) with the update that was done to the file package.
>>

> I'm unaware of any recent updates to the gimp, but I might have missed
> something going by.  Of course, if there had been one, and it was faulty, I
> too
> would have been affected, n'est-ce pas?

I did mention that an update had recently occurred, to the package
named "file", and this problem occurred after that update had been
implemented.

I can not find from the full message header as displayed in gmail,
which version number of Debian, you are using. Are you using Debian
6.x LTS, or, Debian 7.x (or, yet another version of Debian)?

If you are not also using Debian 6.x LTS, then you might not have the
same problem.

If you try to open a JPEG file with the GIMP, using the same procedure
as me; using the File Manager to open the file with the GIMP, are you
successful, with that procedure?

That, you have not indicated.

--
Bret Busby