Re: Fwd: New problem with GIMP plugin file-jpeg

On 29/01/2015, Curt <curty@free.fr> wrote:
> On 2015-01-29, Bret Busby <bret.busby@gmail.com> wrote:
>>
>> Okay; the URL resolves (after a while) in Opera; it does not resolve
>> (after a number of hours) in Arora.
>
> Well, I think it's an Aurora problem not an url problem.
>
>> I note that that bug report, whilst it refers to the same error
>> message, relates to a different version of Debian; that bug report
>> refers to Debian 7.1.
>
>> As indicated, I am using Debian 6.x LTS.
>>

> As I said, I successfully open jpeg files from the console
> (gimp <file.jpeg>), as well as from inside the gimp (using gimp's internal
> file manager).

Then, in the absence of information to the contrary, I assume that you
also are not able to open a JPEG file using the procedure that I
specified; using the File Manager, clicking on the file with the
non-dominant mouse button, and selecting the menu option <Open with ->
GIMP> .

Please confirm or refute that..

--
Bret Busby