Re: Let's have a vote!

Miles Fidelman wrote:
>Stephen Allen wrote:
>> As has been stated many times here - A GR was tried but not enough
>> seconds to carry on.
>
>Actually, no - I've been following this, and related threads, from the
>beginning - I have not seen anybody actually mention that a GR was
>tried.  Do you have a reference?

at the very least. A GR was mooted, but did not gain enough support to
go anywhere.

For all the whining here about "the developers are not listening to
us", really a number of us are, or at least were. But a small number
of very loud complainers are not going to change minds. And the toxic
conspiracy theory bullshit that's turned up on debian-user lately is
never going to win over the volunteers like me who spend our free time
on Debian work daily.

(Sorry for contributing to the noise here. Back to working on real
 issues for the Jessie release, like making debian-cd work with the
 latest tasksel changes.)

"...In the UNIX world, people tend to interpret `non-technical user'
 as meaning someone who's only ever written one device driver." -- Daniel Pead