Re: Let's have a vote!

On Wed, 24 Sep 2014 13:13:51 -0400 (EDT)
Rob Owens <rowens@ptd.net> wrote:

> [...]

That's not really a true choice. There are a lot of other init programs
out there, any one of which could be voted for. There's the position
"let's wait until we have a good init to move to", which is very
different from "let's use sysvinit". There's no place to write in an
"other".

And then there's this: If something wins 50something to 40something, or
perhaps even 60something to 30something, that doesn't solve anything,
because 1/3 of the people are disenfranchised.

I think we're in this position because in the committee vote A) there
was a rush to judgement and B) the choices encompassed only systemd and
two not so good choices.

SteveT