Re: Let's have a vote!

Steve McIntyre wrote:
Miles Fidelman wrote:
Stephen Allen wrote:
As has been stated many times here - A GR was tried but not enough
seconds to carry on.
Actually, no - I've been following this, and related threads, from the
beginning - I have not seen anybody actually mention that a GR was
tried.  Do you have a reference?

at the very least. A GR was mooted, but did not gain enough support to
go anywhere.

For all the whining here about "the developers are not listening to
us", really a number of us are, or at least were. But a small number
of very loud complainers are not going to change minds. And the toxic
conspiracy theory bullshit that's turned up on debian-user lately is
never going to win over the volunteers like me who spend our free time
on Debian work daily.

(Sorry for contributing to the noise here. Back to working on real
  issues for the Jessie release, like making debian-cd work with the
  latest tasksel changes.)

Definitely contributing to the noise, as your citation simply points to a comment by someone, on the debian-devel list. The reference neither:
- points to a general resolution that was mooted, nor,
- points to a reference made on THIS list
In other words completely irrelevant.

Miles Fidelman