Re: Let's have a vote!

On Fri, Sep 26, 2014 at 11:27:54AM -0400, Miles Fidelman wrote:
> Martin Read wrote:
> >On 25/09/14 15:42, Rob Owens wrote:
> >>I agree that "let's wait until we have a good init to move to" should
> >>have been more seriously considered, but for some reason people were in
> >>a big hurry to make a move.
> >
> >The vote held was "What should the default init system *in jessie* be?".
> >Given that as the question under discussion, "let's wait until we have a
> >good init to move to" (implication: there are currently no available init
> >systems better than the status quo) was perfectly well served by the
> >ballot option "sysvinit".
> >

> To any developers who may be here:
> - At one point there was serious talk about a general resolution to overturn
> the systemd decision.
> - As I understand it, a general resolution can be called by any developer -
> while overturning a technical committee decision takes a 2:1 vote of
> developers
>
> Is there not one developer who is willing to propose such a general
> resolution?
>
> Miles Fidelman

As has been stated many times here - A GR was tried but not enough
seconds to carry on.

So, lets drop this shall we, please?! I'm so tired of people on here
going on ad infintum about this subject. Debian is a do-ocracy. Not
enough of the doers care enough to overturn the TC recommendation.

So, your choices are to fork/create your own init system/distro, go to
another distro that meets your needs, or accept the status quo.

I run a desktop as well as servers on systemd - No problems whatsoever.
Perhaps spend your energy reading up and learning how systemd works, or
not. Whatever you decide to do, please stop ranting/complaining/talking
about how you dislike systemd.

Not to you strictly but everyone else in the same camp. Thank-you!