Re: Let's have a vote!

Stephen Allen wrote:
On Fri, Sep 26, 2014 at 11:27:54AM -0400, Miles Fidelman wrote:
Martin Read wrote:
On 25/09/14 15:42, Rob Owens wrote:
I agree that "let's wait until we have a good init to move to" should
have been more seriously considered, but for some reason people were in
a big hurry to make a move.
The vote held was "What should the default init system *in jessie* be?".
Given that as the question under discussion, "let's wait until we have a
good init to move to" (implication: there are currently no available init
systems better than the status quo) was perfectly well served by the
ballot option "sysvinit".

To any developers who may be here:
- At one point there was serious talk about a general resolution to overturn
the systemd decision.
- As I understand it, a general resolution can be called by any developer -
while overturning a technical committee decision takes a 2:1 vote of
developers

Is there not one developer who is willing to propose such a general
resolution?

Miles Fidelman
As has been stated many times here - A GR was tried but not enough
seconds to carry on.

Actually, no - I've been following this, and related threads, from the beginning - I have not seen anybody actually mention that a GR was tried. Do you have a reference?