Re: Let's have a vote!

----- Original Message -----
> From: "The Wanderer" <wanderer@fastmail.fm>
>
> On 09/22/2014 at 06:54 AM, Darac Marjal wrote:
>
> Those are votes for Debian, but not for systemd, or for "Debian with
> systemd as central".
>
> In the case at hand, the latter two are what people are asking to be
> able to have a vote (or at least meaningful input other than making
> noise) on, by virtue of being users who will be affected by the decision
> rather than by virtue of doing work to implement the decision.

I think the best voting method at this time is popularity-contest.  Make sure you have PARTICIPATE set to "yes".

Of course the vote is stacked somewhat in favor of systemd-sysv, since it is the default and in some cases unavoidable due to dependencies of desktop software.  So all of the "systemd-sysv" votes in popularity-contest represent either:

1) people who prefer systemd-sysv
2) people who got systemd-sysv as a result of dependencies of installing a package that they really do want
3) people who don't care enough to switch away from the default, or
4) people who aren't aware of the options, don't know what an init system is, etc.

-Rob