Re: brasero requires gvfs

Steve Litt <slitt@troubleshooters.com> writes:

> On Tue, 16 Sep 2014 00:24:10 +0200
> lee <lee@yun.yagibdah.de> wrote:
>
>> Steve Litt <slitt@troubleshooters.com> writes:
>>

>> And who knows what kind of problems you run into when you switch to
>> some BSD.  Are there NVIDIA drivers for some BSD?  Is everything I'm
>> using now available for some BSD?
>
> My biggest problem is I can't yet get qemu to run Debian or Ubuntu VMs
> on OpenBSD, for those few programs that don't run on OpenBSD.

And you can't use xen?

>> > By the way, if you wonder why I'm being so hard on KDE, these three
>> > articles explain:
>>
>> Well, I'm using fvwm.  Unlike KDE, it does exactly what I want,
>> doesn't get into my way and is much less buggy.  Why would I use KDE?
>
> fvwm is a kickass window manager! My friends who use it make it walk
> and talk, and it's about as lightweight as you can get. It pretty much
> runs anywhere.

There's also i3, if you can live with a tiling WM that doesn't support
sticky floating windows yet.

> Configuring it isn't the easiest thing in the world, and I'm highly
> pleased with Openbox so I haven't devoted a lot of time to mastering
> fvwm, but I've seen it used expertly, and it's outstanding.

Once you get the hang of it, fvwm is pretty easy to configure.  It's not
easy to get started, though ... Perhaps check out fvwm-nightshade or
fvwm-crystal and go from there.

--
Knowledge is volatile and fluid.  Software is power.