Re: Getting rid of that Skype completely and forever with a video chat solution under *my* control, any suggestion? (was: Re: Faking it with skype)

On Sat 20 Sep 2014 at 21:22:41 +0200, Martin Steigerwald wrote:

> Maybe I can talk a Windows user into installing a client and try chatting with
> her :)

My skype display says it has 60M+ users on line. In 10 years time that
may change and there may be another killer communications application.
For the moment skype has captured the attention of many users.

Fundamentally I subscribe to the idea that communication should be
conducted in an application and network neutral manner. You might be
able to persuade your dad to use ekiga, but try to persuade a nine year
old grandchild. :)