Re: brasero requires gvfs

On 07/09/14 18:31, lee wrote:
As to console-kit, it was awful in that it might create a ridiculous
number of processes, and I used to disable it because I never needed
it.  Can you disable logind?

If you don't need anything that depends on gnome-settings-daemon, libpam-systemd, lighttpd, live-config-systemd, sogo, systemd-cron, systemd-dbg, systemd-sysv, or systemd-ui, you don't have to have the executable file /lib/systemd/systemd-logind on your hard disk *at all* (the items I listed are the things which Depends: systemd, and I'll note that systemd-cron and systemd-ui are optional even on systems which are using systemd as PID 1).

If you aren't using a GUI, or your choice of GUI on Debian uses a traditional window manager (and doesn't use gdm3 or lightdm as its X display manager if it even has one) rather than being one of the "desktop environments", then it looks like it's still pretty easy to build a useful, working Debian jessie system that doesn't contain anything which Depends: libpam-systemd.