Re: brasero requires gvfs

Slavko <linux@slavino.sk> writes:

> Ahoj,
>
> Dňa Sat, 06 Sep 2014 02:08:47 +0200 lee <lee@yun.yagibdah.de> napísal:
>
>> Doug <dmcgarrett@optonline.net> writes:
>>
>> > It didn't need systemd before, so why should it need it now?
>>
>> Debian has decided to feature several init systems, so any dependency
>> on an init system you're not using because you're using another one
>> is a bug that needs to be reported and fixed.
>>

> I see it in the same manner, and then i agree with you. I see there
> some questions which need to be answered:

I don't think they will fix the bug because:

[~] aptitude why libsystemd-login0
i   xfce4    Depends xfconf (>= 4.8.0)
i A xfconf   Depends dbus-x11
i A dbus-x11 Depends dbus
i A dbus     Depends libsystemd-login0 (>= 31)
[~]

They must fix dbus to be able to work without systemd first.  So I guess
we need to make a bug report against dbus because it must not depend on
systemd for Debian to be able to support alternative init systems so
that users aren't forced into systemd.  The concept of free software has
become a myth :(

(I've been running this on a VM running on a xen server.  The VM has
xfce installed because I wanted to try something and KDE is completely
unable to start in a VM in a vncserver session, which is just another
bug they probably will never fix :(  However, nothing on the whole
server uses systemd --- at least that's what I am supposed to think.)

--
Knowledge is volatile and fluid.  Software is power.