Re: brasero requires gvfs

Steve Litt <slitt@troubleshooters.com> writes:

> When Jessie goes stable, I'm actually going to try Jessie to see whether
> it will work reasonably, and if so I'll hold my nose and use the
> monolithic entanglement.

FWIW, I can tell you that it works for Fedora.  So with a new
installation, it can potentially work for Debian, too.  Whether
upgrading would work is a another question.

> 2) Use Gentoo. If that goes systemd, move to Funtoo.

Can you have, say, KDE on Gentoo without systemd?  "Without systemd"
means *all* of systemd, like systemd-login0 etc..

> 3) Use OpenBSD, with a virtual machine running [Debian | Ubuntu] for
>    the specific purpose of running Sigil and other stuff that won't run
>    on OpenBSD.
>
> I'm having trouble getting qemu to input from my keyboard in OpenBSD,
> but that's a question for another mailing list.

Not really because it concerns everyone considering to switch away from
Debian.

What options does OpenBSD have for virtualization?  Can you use xen?
And how do you pass an NVIDIA card through so that you can run things in
VMs for which there is no BSD version?  Are there even NVIDIA drivers
for BSD?

--
Knowledge is volatile and fluid.  Software is power.