Re: brasero requires gvfs

Slavko <linux@slavino.sk> writes:

> AFAIK, the logind is replacement for consolekit and this dependecy can
> be good, when the logind will be able to work without systemd and with
> the cmanager- but it is not working yet.

How can it be good when your system depends on something you don't want
to have on your system?

When you don't mind having something you don't want, what speaks against
just using systemd?  It might be the most reliable and compatible
option.

As to console-kit, it was awful in that it might create a ridiculous
number of processes, and I used to disable it because I never needed
it.  Can you disable logind?

--
Knowledge is volatile and fluid.  Software is power.