Re: brasero requires gvfs

On Sat, 13 Sep 2014 21:54:56 +0200
lee <lee@yun.yagibdah.de> wrote:

> Steve Litt <slitt@troubleshooters.com> writes:
>
> > When Jessie goes stable, I'm actually going to try Jessie to see
> > whether it will work reasonably, and if so I'll hold my nose and
> > use the monolithic entanglement.
>
> FWIW, I can tell you that it works for Fedora.  So with a new
> installation, it can potentially work for Debian, too.  Whether
> upgrading would work is a another question.
>
> > 2) Use Gentoo. If that goes systemd, move to Funtoo.
>
> Can you have, say, KDE on Gentoo without systemd?  "Without systemd"
> means *all* of systemd, like systemd-login0 etc..

LOL, If I were the kinda guy who used KDE, I'd *love* systemd. I went
to the dictionary and looked up the phrase "monolithic entanglement",
and they had an illustration of KDE's logo. A couple years ago
Troubleshooters.Com made the policy decision to delete all KDE
libraries from all our computers.

But in answer to your question, my official answer is "I don't know."
Now I'll give you a guess: KDE functioned, um, as well as it can ever
function, long before the invention of systemd, so I'd assume it still
could function that way on a systemd-less system.

And this KDE discussion brings into sharp focus my real gripe about
systemd: I can use any distro I want in a KDE-free configuration. No
big deal: if I'm willing to do without k3b, I can do it. But to get a
systemd-free configuration, I need to change distros or change to
OpenBSD.

By the way, if you wonder why I'm being so hard on KDE, these three
articles explain:

http://troubleshooters.com/lpm/201202/201202.htm#_editors_desk

http://troubleshooters.com/lpm/201202/201202.htm#_My_First_Escape_Attempt

http://troubleshooters.com/lpm/201202/201202.htm#_Steve_You_Sound_Angry