Re: View on UNIX purism in Linux Community

W dniu 17.09.2014 10:13, Joel Rees pisze:

> Very nice social engineering job. Turned into a nice tarpit, too.

You are really overrating my ability, all I wanted to do was to share my
opinion and start a mature discussion about why systemd is not welcome
in the Linux community. And honestly, if I knew that it would spark such
a flame war I wouldn't post this. But i guess i should have known better.

> Guys we've got better things to do than get sucked into this kind of
> quibbling.

I agree this went a way too far. From a discussion of why systemd is bad
and how it can be replaced it became a meta-discussion of whether it is
or is not a flame war, and whether it is or is not a appropriate topic
on this mailing list.

> Steve's working on alternatives to debian+systemd.* and I'm trying to
> figure out what useful function systemd and friends really perform so
> that we can make something that the developers can use instead. Steve
> seems to be having more success than I.

That's good to hear, creating alternative is always a better solution
than fighting to the death.

> Anyway, let's do this the open source way and shut up and start coding
> ways to get out of this mess.

Agreed.