View on UNIX purism in Linux Community

I am probably one of the few people (at least from what I can see by
following this topic) on this mailing list, that don't mind systemd and
see that the benefits of switching to it outclass the negatives.
Therefore I want to poke my three cents into this discussion reminding
that "GNU is *Not* Unix" and because of that we should have the freedom
to create better solutions, rather than being a UNIX purist and keeping
it old-school.

Plan 9 is considered a "spiritual successor" to UNIX with it's
principles taken to the extreme. But it never took off, it's still
researched on but as I see it, besides researching how far we can push
this UNIX concept, I don't think we will see a practical use for it.

If you don't want to accept systemd as advancement for GNU/Linux
platform (especially desktop) and rather stay with the pure UNIX
approach, maybe it's time to switch to an actual UNIX and not use
"UNIX-like" GNU/Linux.

Of course I don't bash the concept of UNIX because it's a great
foundation on witch many successful operating systems are built, like
various flavors of BSD, GNU/Linux, and some commercial implementations.

From what I predict the future for Debian doesn't look that great, I
think that either most current users unhappy with systemd switch will
migrate to Gentoo or BSDs, or we will see another fragmentation of Linux
community and people will start forking distributions just for the sake
of keeping sysvinit on life support, for the sake of UNIX purism.