Re: brasero requires gvfs

On 13/09/14 20:54, lee wrote:
Can you have, say, KDE on Gentoo without systemd?  "Without systemd"
means *all* of systemd, like systemd-login0 etc..

Many components of the KDE Software Collection have no identifiable dependency on systemd's support libraries. (Indeed, a significant fraction of them can be built for Windows.)

I don't know whether you can get a fully functional KDE Plasma Desktop without policykit, and I don't know whether you can get a fully functional recent version of policykit without depending on the interfaces of logind.

The best place to ask would be the user community discussion spaces (mailing lists / web forums / IRC channels) for KDE and/or for Gentoo Linux.