Re: brasero requires gvfs

On Sun, 14 Sep 2014 15:11:50 +0200
lee <lee@yun.yagibdah.de> wrote:

> Martin Read <zen75502@zen.co.uk> writes:
>
> > On 13/09/14 20:54, lee wrote:
> >> Can you have, say, KDE on Gentoo without systemd?  "Without
> >> systemd" means *all* of systemd, like systemd-login0 etc..
> >
> > [...]
> >
> > The best place to ask would be the user community discussion spaces
> > (mailing lists / web forums / IRC channels) for KDE and/or for
> > Gentoo Linux.
>
> Hm, I think I'll subscribe to the Gentoo mailing list and ask what
> their position about systemd is.  I doubt that by using Gentoo, you
> could evade systemd ...
>
> Not that I'm using KDE, but when you now can't have a fully functional
> Linux system as you could have with sysvinit without depending on
> systemd, then it's really time to look for alternatives to Linux.

I a significant reason I avoid KDE, Gnome and Unity, is the same reason
I'm trying to avoid systemd: I believe that the more everything depends
on each other, the more places bugs can hide. This is why I use
software like Xfce, LXDE, Openbox, dwm, etc, and stay away from the
Gnome and Unity desktop environments, and KDE destkop environment
*and* libraries and executables.

Here's an irony for you: I moved from Ubuntu to Debian to avoid
entanglement, like Plymouth and lightdm, and a couple months after I
moved to Debian, I found out about systemd.

LOL

SteveT